Need To Know
Practical information & general advice to prepare your trip
Hi! Welcome to Barcelona!
This guide is intended to help you plan your days in Barcelona with places to visit, itinerary suggestions, things to do to prepare your trip before your arrival...
If you don't find something, don't hesitate in sending a message before your trip for any doubt or need you may have.
I propose you 5 intense routes where you will be able to visit the top attractions of Barcelona while enjoying some local bars and restaurants and discovering some lively neighborhoods.
If you have already been to Barcelona or/and you have special interests or you simply want someone to help you organizing your stay, have a look to our Tailored Travel Planning Service
- Lunch is usually served from 13:00 to 15:00.
- Dinner is usually served from 20:30 to 23:00.
- Small shops close for lunch or siesta time between 13:00 and 16:00, although this varies depending on the shop. Big stores normally open from 09:00 to 21:00.
- Shops are normally closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
Locals speak both Spanish and Catalan. Many people speak English. However, the more local you go, the less they will speak it. I recommend always start by asking if they do with a smile, they will treat you better and try harder ;)
- Do you speak English? = Hablas inglés? (Spanish) / Parles Anglès? (Catalan)
- Hello = Hola (Spanish and Catalan)
- Thank you = Gracias (Spanish) / Merci (Catalan)
- Please = Por favor (Spanish) / Si us plau (Catalan)
- How much is it? = ¿Cuánto cuesta? (Spanish) / ¿Quant costa? (Catalan)
- Four tickets please = Cuatro billetes, por favor (Spanish) / Quatre bitllets, si us plau (Catalan)
- The bill please = La cuenta, por favor (Spanish) / El compte, si us plau (Catalan)
If you want, I can teach you how to pronounce this words and some others during a Welcome Meeting in which I will solve your doubts at the beginning of your trip!
Barcelona is a safe city. You will rarely see violence and, even less likely, arms. However, specially during the high season, you must be very careful with pickpockets:
- In the touristic crowded areas of Las Ramblas, Boquería and Sagrada Familia
- In the narrow streets of Gótico and Born (be careful with purses)
- In the metro (be suspicious if someone gets too close)
- In bars and clubs (don't leave your belongings unattended)
- At the beach and Parks (don't leave your belongings unattended)
- On terraces (don't leave your phone or wallet on the table)
If you're worried, I can be available for you through the Message Assistance service: for emergencies, questions, suggestions... I'll be there to help you.
Have you just started to plan your trip? Too many things to decide? Too long do it all by yourself? Special needs or wishes? Then, you should plan your trip with a local to get tailored travel plans & advices.